Failure Analysis of Ignition System Failure
Ignition time is too early
(1) Fault phenomenon: the idling speed is unstable and easy to stall; when accelerating, the engine has a serious detonation sound.
(2) Failure analysis: The failure is mainly caused by misalignment of ignition timing adjustment or misalignment of ignition angle assembly.(3) Elimination method: Connect the ignition tester and adjust the ignition advance angle to the specified value.
Ignition too late
(1) Fault phenomenon: heavy noise of muffler, rapid acceleration of carburetor backfire, high temperature of engine coolant, weak driving of the car.
(2) Failure analysis and diagnosis: The ignition angle is incorrect.
(3) Elimination method: adjust the ignition angle to the specified value.